Thursday, May 19, 2011

still seeing stripes, and I copied this skirt


I wore a see-through skirt to work today and no one said anything about it.  This means that either:
a. they didn't notice or b. they've come to expect this sort of thing from me.  Either way, this is why I have to blog my daily outfits; no one in the real world gives a shit about how much time and effort I put into getting dressed in the morning.  I think it's just an automatic exercise and a tedious requirement for most people to put on clothing each day, and bloggers are among the small fraction of the population (along with celebrities, stylists, editors and high school girls) who really concentrate on important things like which belt or shoes would best compliment a certain skirt.  I feel like the world would be a much more fabulous place if more people appreciated dressing up, and if we were all as forthcoming with compliments to real people as we are in the blogosphere.  Look good, feel good, do good.  All the world's problems: solved.

I digress, let's focus on the see-through striped skirt.  If the print looks familiar it's because it is; I wore a shirt of the same material yesterday.  This skirt was directly inspired by an image I saw on Kendi's pinterest board.  This midi-length skirt from ASOS took my breath away and was the sole purpose for buying this fabric.  I like the contradiction between the sheer quality of the fabric and the demure midi-length.  In certain lighting I think the transparency is lost (which is not an all-together bad thing), but this skirt will always call for leggings, tights or a longer shirt or skirt underneath.  I debated on whether it would even be appropriate for the office, but apparently no one notices anything I wear anyways so it doesn't matter.
Share/Bookmark

14 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

It may seem like they don't notice, but I bet if you showed up in something not fabulous (yeah right), I bet they would notice because they are so used to you always looking FAB-U-LOUS! I am again amazed at your talent. This is great and I agree. We should all pay compliments to people. We should make it a point to make a compliment to someone everyday. It would make a difference.

Mrs.Maxwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxie said...

I agree with Frannie. At my job I see about 200 faces everyday, and I try to dress fabulous everyday. But if i have an off day, all 200 of those people notice and say "are you sick?" or "you look tired".
Although, by the looks of it you probably will never experience that. You look fabulous in all of your posts

Eclectic Flair said...

LOL about your coworkers!! I want to learn how to sew so I can make awesome skirts like this!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Rachel said...

Ah, I know how bummed out you can feel after no one takes notice of a really cute outfit (which this is!). I really like the green belt, it's such a nice touch. :D

Monika said...

great skirt!

Stef / Diversions said...

I am with Frannie - they'd sure notice the absence of fabulousness. They'd probably worry your evil twin has taken over :D

Love the skirt - that fabric is ehem FAB! The sash is a brilliant touch too :)

Happy weekend!

Ellie said...

I LOVE this outfit! I've been obsessing over those F21 shoes for so long, it's borderline depressing. Loving your blog, you have fantastic style, I'm definitely following!
Have a great day!
-Ellie

woreout said...

You are so talented can I hire you to make me amazing skirts and dresses?! I love the bright sash against the striped skirt and your necklace is beyond cute!

I feel the same way about my office either they don't notice or they just write it off as another one of Caitlin's crazy outfits. Whatever I'd rather be "Crazy Caitlin" then blend in with the office walls any day!

Cammila Albertson said...

Being able to make your own Asos clothes might qualify as a super power.

You look gorgeous, as usual.

Kinsey said...

I have that necklace! I looove it :0)

Salazar said...

That skirt is fab! I'm so jealous!

I understand how it feels when nobody notices the cute outfit you've put so much effort into - there are only 2 girls at my office, and the guys tend not to notice that kind of thing (unless you do something different with your hair - that they notice.)

14 Shades Of Grey

Debbie Baker Burns said...

You are so talented; I cannot sew. I am just getting started on pinterest, myself. I always love a striped skirt and that necklace is very cute. It looks like a 60's early 70's thing to me. It reminds me of those "love is..." cartoons of that period. Thanks for all your nice comments earlier!

Hilary Mae said...

These outfit is fantastic!!!!!!! And that skirt is amazing, this outfit inspires me!